Thursday, 8 December 2016

Life in Pedia

Hello December 2016,

It is almost time to end up the Year 2016, Alhamdulillah I'm still alive, healthy and happily 💓

It has been a year nursing my Oncology patients. And this December just mark another new journey in my nursing career as I have been floated to Pediatric unit. Frankly, I never bother to check what is the unit profile, what kind of patients they are catering for. I just know it is a Pediatric unit. However, when I was told that I'll be assigned to the unit for one whole schedule, I was assuming it is an Oncology Pediatric unit.

To my surprised on my first day, I just discovered it is a Stemcell Transplant/Hematology Pediatric unit during general endorsement. Seeing all the diagnosis of the patients, I just have no idea what it is all about (well Hairi, it's time for some good readings!)

After receiving my endorsement from the night duty, I entered one of my patient's room. My view? Totally different from my usual. My patient is sleeping in a cotbed, a lady is sleeping next to her on a coach. Then, I saw the infusion pumps. It's totally different. The infusing line totally different. I was kind of having thought blocks after seeing the view of my first room.

WELCOME TO PEDIATRIC UNIT


No comments:

Post a Comment