UNPLANNED TRIP
Yeah! I just came back from my one month vacation and realized that I have 3days off (10th - 12th April). No, I'm not going to spend them in Riyadh 😌 Booked my ticket with Oman Air; Oman National Carrier.
Right after my day duty on the 9th, I rushed to King Khaled International Airport. My departure time is 2100H! Phew, luckily, I arrived on time. Can't imagine if I will missed the flight😓
CAMPING AT BIMMAH SINKHOLE
Subhanallah,
The sky was clear on that night, less stars, I can easily count them, and the moon was shining brightly as if there is a spotlight. My friend was tired after long drive and decided to sleep. Me? Of course no! I embraced the breeze from the sea, I can hear the sound coming from the engine's boat that passing by. They were far, but because the night was so quiet, I can easily hear them (or is it because I am too anxious? This is not my common things). The strong wave sound hitting the beach, the chirps from the birds. Lovely! Alhamdulillah for this opportunity🙏
Honestly, I did not sleep well that night though I supposed to be tired due to my duty from work. I did not sleep at all during my 2hours flight from RUH-MCT. It is either due to the adrenaline rush of my thrills journey or perhaps its due to the environment (told ya, my 1st ever camping trip after sooooo long).
It's summer!
The sunrise was early. The heat from the sun is stronger now. Being me, I felt miserable of course. Mind you. There's no public toilet around. Passed my urine near the sea😆
WADI SHAB
Arrived in Wadi Shab around 0900H. The carpark is FREE. There is clean public toilet for the visitors. It's FREE. I washed my face, brush my teeth and put sunblock (girl is always girl😏 i must be camera-ready!)
I have to walk quite a distance under the sun. Yeah, the path is wide but it's getting tougher and smaller after some time. Make sure you bring drinking water and foods! In my case, I left everything inside the car 😥
The long walk is worth the journey. I was truly mesmerized with the canyons formation, the clear water running in between the canyons. Subhanallah. I envy you Omanis! Such a lovely view. The heat coming from the sun, the long walk without proper breakfast is no more big deals now.
"We have to swim further"
"Why?"
"Only if you want to see the cave. There's a waterfall there. Amazing view"
"Can't we walk?" I'm tired already and being a lazy Hairi, what do you expect?
"No! It can only be reached by water" And that's means I have to swim!
"How far?"
"30-45minutes of swimming. It's getting deeper before u reached the cave entrance"
I have to decide now. Being a Lazy Hairi or an Adventurous Hairi.
It's not always I'll come here. And, since I'm already here, I must witnessed everything.
"Okay"
The journey was mixed. When we found rocky parts at the side of the canyons, then, we will climb the rocks and walk until we have no options but to swim again.
The entrance going into the cave, was very narrow. Only one person can pass thru at a time. And yes, the water is very deep. It's a bit dark.
Subhanallah! The moment you passed the narrow entrance, tarra!
The view is amazing! I get enchanted. All the tiredness, sore muscles gone. You just wanna enjoy the moment now. Not everybody will swim until here. I can see less people. I wish I'd GoPro with me. To record everything my eyes seen.
I stayed up there for almost an hour or more I guess. I sat under the running heavy water that falls from up. Relaxing and calming. I watched peoples down there. All of us were enjoying our victory. We made it to the end!
How to get down? Jump! Diving time...
On our way back, we stop by few times. I'm soooo tired. And yet so sad to leave this beautiful place. I wish to come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment